HOAP | Homeless Outreach & Advocacy Project
HOAP, the Homeless Outreach and Advocacy Project, is a place of safety and support for adults facing homelessness and has been in operation since 1986. HOAP’s Day Center provides a hand up by giving homeless individuals the resources, support and skills they need to transition to stable and healthier lifestyles. Please contact us if you are interested in any of our HOAP services.
Street Address: 694 Church St NE, Salem, OR 97301
Ph: 503.588.5827 F: 503.315.0714
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Service/Drop-In Center Hours: Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
Compassion is a choice to honor someone’s humanity
Like anything, it needs to be practiced, and in time that compassion becomes a part of who we are.
Please join us in our efforts to help those who need it the most. Volunteer opportunities are available. We rely heavily on the assistance of volunteers to provide critical life-saving needs and services. Our volunteers assist in a variety of day-to-day operations including visitor check-in, laundry services, donation maintenance, and preparing and serving meals.
Click HERE for more information on volunteer opportunities or HERE to learn about how your donations will impact our programs and clients.
Administration Offices: 681 Center St NE, Salem, OR 97301 | Ph. 503.588.5828 | F. 503.588.5852 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWHS is a Fair Housing Opportunity provider. NWHS shall not discriminate against any individual based upon ethnic group identification, race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran’s status, color, disability, housing status, educational level, economic status, social class, or linguistic preference.
Decisions are being made on a day to day basis at our Transitional Programs. Hand hygiene is being strongly encouraged, and sanitizer dispensers have been made available at both HOAP and HOST. Programs are taking additional precautionary measures to modify workflows and services to help combat exposure and risk. Current workflow changes for Transitional Programs include:
- Screening at Check-in: Visible and reported illness or symptoms will be referred to the Clinic. OTC medications will be provided as appropriate, and social distancing will be enforced while transportation is secured.
- Day Center is open at limited capacity. Those seeking basic need services such as showers and laundry, drop-in support, and Case Management appointments will be allowed access to the main floor. Social distancing, hygiene, and sanitation procedures will be enforced. Mail services and bathroom access will remain available throughout the day.
- After hours (2:00 pm - 5:00 pm): HOAP will continue to support ‘high acuity individuals as appropriate.
Learn more about the need for homeless services in Marion & Polk Counties:
Mid-Willamette Valley Homeless Alliance
HOAP Day Center
Monday through Friday | 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Support Services offered*:
HOAP’s consumer run drop-in center also offers:
Medical Care at HOAP
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Wednesdays of each month from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., a medical care team from the West Salem Clinic will be at HOAP to provide: basic health screenings, help with OHP enrollment, on the spot treatment of medical concerns and issues, referrals for services. No appointment or insurance required.
Medical Bus Run
You can get FREE transportation to the West Salem Clinic for FREE medical & dental care. The medical bus picks up at HOAP on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. The bus departs at 9:00 a.m. and picks up at the following sites:
- HOAP | 694 Church St. NE | Salem - 9:00 a.m.
- SIMONKA | 5119 River Rd N | Keizer - 9:15 a.m.
- SALVATION ARMY | 1901 Front St. NE | Salem - 9:25 a.m.
- SLEEP SAFE | 1901 Front St. NE | Salem - 9:25 a.m.
- HOST | 1143 Liberty Rd NW | Salem - 9:30 a.m.
- UGM | 777 Commercial St. NE | Salem - 9:35 a.m.
- ARCHES | 615 Commercial St. NE | Salem - 9:40 a.m.
* Please let staff at these sites know if you’re interested in Medical or Dental Care. The medical bus will only stop at these locations if requested.